|“||Tadano-kun is timid.||”|
|Full Name||Tadano Hitohito|
|Age||15 (first appearance)|
16 (first year/second Year)
|Birthday||September 29 (Libra)|
|Height||168 cm (5'6", first year)|
170.2 cm (5'7", second year)
|Affiliation||Komi Shouko (girlfriend)|
|Family||Tadano Jeanne (mother)|
|School||Itan Private High School|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1 (one-shot)|
Chapter 1 (series)
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|English Voice||Kyle McCarley|
|Japanese Voice||Gakuto Kajiwara|
Hitohito Tadano (
He decided to help his classmate and girlfriend, Shouko Komi, who suffers from an extreme social anxiety, to achieve a goal of getting a hundred friends by the end of their high school years.
Hitohito is often described as an ordinary student with normal looks and average height and weight. His style of clothing is also considered to be relatively typical. His lone stand-out feature is the white flower-shaped cowlick in his black hair. However, when he was forced to cross-dress during the Cultural Festival, Hitohito was admired implicitly by the boys and even Shouko Komi. His cross-dressing incorporates a short, red-haired girl's wig with pigtails.
Hitohito suffered from a chuunibyou phase in his second year of middle school. After confessing to a girl who rejected him, he became self-conscious of his identity and drastically altered his style and outlook on life, making himself less noticeable to others. Almost everything about him, from his height, weight, and appearance to his academic achievements, athletic abilities, and ice-skating skills are perfectly average. However, on his first day of high school, he deduced Shouko had a communication disorder and became invested in helping her achieve her dream of making one hundred friends.
Despite his apparent lack of outstanding talents, Hitohito has been shown to be good at buying gifts.
His special skill is reading the atmosphere; a talent he uses to keep himself out of trouble. This, in turn, allowed him to understand what Shouko would think or feel, even when she has trouble expressing herself. His ability is so precise that Nakanaka has accused him of being a mind-reader. Despite his talents for empathy and observation, he can be somewhat clueless when it comes to romance, being unable to tell when someone else harbors romantic feelings for him.
Due to Hitohito’s seat originally being next to Shouko’s, many of his classmates initially held resentment and jealousy towards him. His friends and teachers are aware of his disposition, and often take advantage of him.
- The name Hitohito Tadano (
只 野 仁 人Tadano Hitohito?) is a play on words from the phrase tada no hito (ただの人), meaning just some guy.
- In the one-shot, his name was Tadano Shigeo.
- His handle name is †JIN-JIN†.
- During his chuunibyou phase, he often wore popped-up shirt collars and T-shirts with Sanskrit characters on them and would pose with his hands on his neck, as if it were hurting.
- He likes old buildings of historical significance.
- Hitohito makes a very convincing girl.
- He has shown signs of being a masochist, such as when he was shown to enjoy being whipped in the face and being stood on. However, this may just be due to the 'Komi Effect'.
- Tadano's mom has a French name (Jeanne) which is unusual in Japan.
- Hitohito's ability to "read the room" is borderline telepathy.
- Tadano's profile icon photo was a picture of a tomato.
- Hitohito placed second in the first popularity poll.
- Over time, he has become a close friend of Makoto, being able to see through his gruff exterior.